We all need to feel safe – protected – secure. In an age when we are bombarded daily with surprises, challenges and uncertainties the last thing we need is to have to face worries about whether or not the Contractors we hire to do work at home is worthy of our trust. As daunting as that fear may be, imagine if you are the Contractor and have to worry about the stability of your firm? If you, in fact, are a Contractor you may want to pay strict attention to what we have to say about SURETY BONDS AND GLENDALE, ARIZONA CONTRACTORS.
“It’s nearly heart-wrenching,” Jim Bivona of Bivona Insurance Group, LLC, an Independent Insurance Agency that services the Phoenix Metro area regarding Insurance including Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, and Peoria Arizona to name just a few, shared solemnly, “when a client comes to me and shares that their Contracting Business is about to go under and they have no idea what happened. The key is, they didn’t see it coming because they didn’t know what to look for.”
And, Bivona is right. A recent study released by the Surety Association of America (SAA) revealed that there are a number of similarities displayed by Contractors who “fail,” including but not necessarily limited to:
- Character/Personal Issues
- Performance Issues
- Accounting Issues
- Lack of Management control
- Unrealistic Growth Patterns“The thing is,” Bivona continued, a somewhat wry smile on his face, “often, the reason there is no apparent problem is because the Contractor is the problem. It’s a variation of the old axiom, ‘we have met the enemy and they are us.’”
- If a Contractor really wants to trouble-shoot his company, some of the things he can look for include:
- “Those are the long-range effects,” Bivona pointed out, “but there are some tell-tale signs that crop up that let you know you are trending to one of these major problems.
- Frequent Estimating Mistakes
- Miscommunications between Field and Management
- Key Staff Slowly leaving the Organization
- Never quite enough Personnel
- Poor Accounting Practices
- The Purchase of Inadequate Insurance to Save Money
- One-man-show Management Style/Unwillingness to trust or delegate
- (To learn more about this issue, check out “Reasons Contractors Fail”)
- To learn more about the BIVONA INSURANCE GROUP, LLC go to www.bivonainsurance.com.
- As you can see, SURETY BONDS AND GLENDALE, ARIZONA CONTRACTORS certainly is not something you want to ignore if you ARE, in fact, intent on making sure your Contracting Business survives! As a result, you should contact Jim Bivona at 623-256-1000 with any questions, and he will be happy to discuss this concept with you in greater detail, and suggest some ways you may be able to improve your Business Future.